Israel Shipyards was established in 1959 as a government company. The Shlomo Group acquired it in 1995 making it the first – and only to this date – privately held port in Israel. Located in Haifa (northern Israel), the shipyards are one of the largest privately owned metal works plant and shipbuilding facilities in the Middle East. Israel Shipyards designs, builds, maintains and refurbishes military and civilian seagoing vessels as well as undertaking industrial metalwork and large steel construction projects. The company manufactures cranes for unloading ships and dock maintenance; desalination and deep pressure equipment; natural gas equipment; sleeves for the Ben-Gurion International Airport; and the piers of the Hadera and Ashkelon power stations.
Its customers consist of both Israeli and foreign companies as well as Israel's Ministry of Defense for which Israel Shipyards designed and built naval missiles, among the most advanced and sophisticated in the world. Israel Shipyards also manufactures coastal defense ships, bulk shipping vessels, tug boats, barges and multi-purpose vessels. The company has agreements to provide ship repair services to the Israeli Navy, Israel's Shipping and Ports Authority, Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Company, Port of Hadera as well as the US Sixth Fleet.
Israel Shipyards is ISO 9001:2000 certified and the company adheres to international standards. In August 2007 the Israeli government issued a written authorization to Israel Shipyards to operate a port for raw sugar and following additional negotiations the Shipyards were authorized to expand port activities to all general products.
CEO: Avi Shahaf, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +972 4 846 0246